Please note that as a temporary measure we have turned off the on-line appointment booking facility. This is so all patients can be screened in line with current NHSE guidelines before booking an appointment.
In line with these guidelines, the practice now operates a telephone triage system for most appointments but face to face appointments are available - please see notice below.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO BY A CLINICIAN OR YOU HAVE A BOOKED FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENT
We have received some of our flu vaccines now and are in the process of arranging flu clinics, as well as combined COVID and flu clinics. There is still uncertainty over the remaining vaccine supplies, hence the rollout is less streamlined, compared to previous years.
Due to unforeseen staff sickness, we are having to cancel some appointments at short notice. We apologise for this and are working our hardest to reschedule these as well as cover emergency clinics which are now unstaffed. We would ask for your patience and understanding at this difficult time.
Coronovirus Vaccination Programme
The latest information on the COVID-19 vaccination programme is online on the Essex Covid-19 vaccination website. Local updates can also be found here.
We advise checking there first if you have questions about the safety or effectiveness of COVID vaccines, or your priority to receive the vaccination.
NHS COVID PASS
From 17 May 2021, people in England who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can demonstrate their vaccination status for international travel. A full course is currently two doses of any approved vaccine. Vaccine status will be available through the NHS COVID Pass service from:
You will need to register to use the online services, if you have not already. It may take more than a week for your identity to be checked and verified.
If you cannot access the online services, and you have had both doses of the vaccine, you can request a paper letter from the NHS by calling 119. Only call 119 if you are due to travel outside the UK in the near future and have had your second dose more than 5 working days ago. It may take up to 7 working days for the letter to arrive.
This practice is not able to provide you with a letter that shows your COVID-19 vaccination status. Please do not contact the practice about your COVID-19 vaccination status unless you have been advised to by the 119 service.
When you're planning your travel, you should check the latest information on demonstrating your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad on the gov.uk website. Make sure there is enough time to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status before you are due to travel.
This is a complex time for us at the surgery so we just wanted to give you all an update.
- Face to face appointments have been available for some time now but we are only able to offer a limited number because of the infection control measures we still need to follow.
- We (along with the rest of the NHS) are seeing unprecedented levels of demand on appointments and we understand your frustrations in appointment availability. Last week alone, we provided an extra 155 appointments, through staff working overtime, locums and adding to existing lists.
- We now have notification that covid boosters will be offered at South Woodham Ferrers and these should start in the next few weeks. We will contact patients directly to arrange these appointments as they can only be administered more than 6 months after your second dose.
- There has been a delay in delivery of the flu vaccines and we are still awaiting notification of when we will receive these.
- There is a national blood bottle shortage, this is now easing slightly so we are now able to resume our phlebotomy clinics. We are not permitted to offer additional appointments/clinics as the authorities do not want to exhaust the supplies within the NHS. There may therefore be longer than usual waiting times as we clear any backlog (NHS England have advised us to clear this backlog over the next 8 weeks).
Welcome to the William Fisher Medical Centre Website
This surgery website is used to let patients know all our news and information about our practice. We will keep it current with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
Please have a look around and do send us some feedback. We can use your ideas to improve our online services and further develop the content of this site. We hope you find it useful.
Debbie Morley, Practice Manager
Find out when our practice is open, what the GP consulting times are and what to do if you need help when the practice is closed. Find out more
Do you need to re-order your medication? Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in a variety of ways - Either click on the button below to access the on line system or visit our prescriptions page and use the link under 'ordering a prescription' to order via e mail. Find out more
Like To Register?
Just call into reception and pick up a New Registration pack
Join our Patient Participation Group
If you are already registered with this practice as a patient, why not take a couple of minutes to sign up to join the PPG. Let us keep you informed with what is going on at the surgery. Find out more
Mid Essex residents who need to see a GP or nurse on a weekday evening, Saturday or Sunday can now book an appointment by calling 01245 398055. Appointments are available as follows:
- Monday to Friday, 6.30pm to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 8pm
and consultations will usually take place via telephone or video call. If a face-to-face appointment is required, it will be at North Chelmsford Health Centre, Sainsbury's, 2 White Hart Lane, Springfield, Chelmsford, CM2 5EF.
(Site updated 11/10/2021)